Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gratification..

Today was a good climbing day. I finally managed to complete a 6c+ endurance route at Climb Asia (my regular bouldering hangout). And to make sure that it wasn't a fluke, i succeeded at completing it a second time!

The route had 30 tiles and i kept failing at number 24. I knew that i had the strength to pull it off but i was just not getting the technique right. I sat down and studied that portion and attempted many solutions. It was really a problem solving situation. Then after countless attempts, i got it!

The whole experience of facing a problem, finding a solution and being able to solve the problem on my own was certainly a gratifying one.. I cannot remember a time when i felt so gratified while climbing.

7a.. you're next.

PS - I know the above is totally alien to non-climbers. To understand what i'm talking about.. TAKE UP CLIMBING! Females are more than welcomed to contact me for lessons..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home