Monday, January 30, 2006

Home leave

We brought him home for 2 nights yesterday. I must say that this is one hell of an experience. It's really like looking after a baby except that this is like 50kg and damn 'uncute'! Without going into details, there were many times when i really wanted to lose my temper and just start screaming my head off at him. Well, at least the first day and night made us anticipate what to expect tonight and tomorrow. Still, it's going to take a some time for me to get used to seeing my dad in this condition (his physical disabilities, memory problems etc) and dealing with my frustrations.

My twin bro cooked dinner last night and tonight was my turn (we NEVER cook). He fried Kai Lan and heated up curry from a can while i made chicken soup/stew. I was not sure of how much salt to put into it (due to my dad's condition) so i ended up putting a pinch of it in. I was hoping the onions and other stuff would make the soup tasty. The result reminded me of hospital food! Well, at least it was edible and damn healthy.

The wife came from Indonesia today. We're not too thrilled about it but then again, at least she's around to help out abit and the baby certainly cheers my dad up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home