Sunday, August 26, 2007

Army Half Marathon

I completed 1 of my 2 targets for 2007 today. I ran a half marathon. And it was done with only 2 objectives - have fun and have a good learning experience.

The run was interesting. Never saw so much people running at the same time. Couldn't help but think that we were lemmings running towards some cliff to jump off.. especially when we were on the Sheares Bridge!

Saw some people actually running with their backpacks. What a bunch of morons i thought until i had to queue 60 minutes to retrieve my checked-in bag after the run.

Towards the last 500m of the run, i felt as if i NEVER wanted to do this again and how the hell was i going to do 42km in December?! But then, later as the day passed and my mind and body was better rested, i felt that not only was it possible.. i was also eager for it.

And here's my result for the run.

I know it's not fantastic, but somehow i feel really proud when i see my name there. It shows that i accomplished something that i had set my mind to.. run a 21km marathon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

21 KM done. Great to be your running buddy at the AHM on the first 12 KM. hahaha

42 KM up ahead. Be prepared and God saves us all...

Bag collecting is a bitch.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home