Thursday, January 12, 2006

The primary care giver.

I resigned (with immediate effect) from my job today. The doctors said that he would be transferred to the Ang Mo Kio Community Hospital soon for rehabilitation and would need someone (ideally a family member) to be his primary care giver after he is discharged. Basically, it's someone who prepares his special diet and takes care of him daily. This person must also always be with him to ensure that he does not injure himself

After much discussion, my brother and i decided that it would be me. I'm not too thrilled by it, but the more i think about it, the more i'm convinced that it's the right course of action. I really distrust domestic help to bear such a heavy responsiblity.

Thankfully, a very dear friend is going to give me a 'crash-course' on cooking this weekend. Bless you Vidya..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home