Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Climbing in Krabi, the sequel!

Ok folks, this is going to be VERY long, so i suggest you go for a toilet break before proceeding..

Sunrise from my $347.00 window seat.


Sun-kissed sky.


Tonsai beach.


Bouldering at Dum's Kitchen on Tonsai beach.


Missing snow, 6b+ (15m)

Eugene was so nice as to get me another rock to stand on to reach the starting point.

Up I go. This was just before i let out a big fart.


Lunch time..

VERY happy to have a Singha again.


About to climb Muay Thai 6b+ (15m)


PJ decides to give it a go while boyfriend Chris studies the route. Due to his injured left wrist (lucky not right hand!), he has to give climbing a rest for a while.


Eugene comes by..


and proceeds to mount Chris with PJ looking on disapprovingly. She'll never understand men she thinks.


On Muay Thai.

I just love this climb.


PJ! Quit clowning around in the trees and get back to the wall!


The Singapore climbing contingent.

Eugene, PJ, Chris, Spider, Tan Leng, Philip, Kelly, Eric and of course.. me!

I actually brought muruku all the way from Little India to have with our Singhas.


This is what happens when climbers drink.. we get 'high'.


My bungalow. Pretty good if you don't mind the FREAKIN mosquitoes!


Spider pondering whether to climb 8a, 8b or 8c.. or just go for a swim.


Eugene and I spend the whole of Saturday morning attempting The Lion King 6c+. Finally managed to lead it after 3 attempts. Next time, i redpoint it!


Crazy ang moh climbing with no safety OR belayer!

Eugene's below waiting for him to fall so that we can take his wallet.. KIDDING!

Fantastic beach for freesbie.


Departure at Krabi airport.

I'm proudly showing off my Singha shirt.

Eugene caught in between a 'DIY' check out counter at the budget terminal because it broke down. It was hilarious!!


Though the trip was very short (and expensive), i thoroughly enjoyed myself. I ate, drank and climbed hard just as i promised.

Some people say i'm nuts to just go up to Krabi for 2 days but i've come up with a rebuke.. 'There should be NO time limit for fun!'. I'm definitely returning but this time, i'll book my ticket waaaay in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home